Hiya! I’m Dionne.
I spend my time sharing yoga and movement techniques, usually combined with music and sometimes saying inappropriate things.
I run projects in various locations including a fro-yo warehouse, art museums, lofts and remote islands doing a range of things like yoga classes, workshops and retreats.
I also DJ and write, and i´m based between Brighton UK and Bergen, Norway. Now and then i play records (or MP3s), sometimes alone, sometimes as Brød & Smør. I´m usually dancing in equal measure. We host silent discos too. Find them here.
Many of you are here for yoga stuffs, so here´s some words about my approach to yoga. You can click on my schedule above to see if i´m lurking near you soon (non creepily). Or you can have a gander at some of my projects here.
I´m INTERESTED in lots of things. Here are a few:
- Prince. (Dedicated Pinterest board of some faves mostly featuring him)
- Animals. Give them to me! Especially if they´re a bit paunchy, and/or talking.
- Food. Particularly if it´s Caribbean. Don´t tell me what to eat/not eat.
- What Chilli Wants. Not linked to above. Find it on youtube. Devour in 90s nostalgia and cringy dating show formulae. It´s overtaken Millionaire Matchmaker, but even-Stevens with The Great British Bakeoff (everybody needs their “thing”).
- Going down YouTube rabbitholes.
- Music. Too much to mention. Some mixes and playlists scattered all over the shop. I´m on Spotify and Mixcloud on the regular though if you dabble. There´s a link to yoga playlists here.
I used to do radio thingies with my radio hubster. You can wander down a musty memory lane and find some of them here (features music and loving squabbles).
- Tea. It´s in the blood.
- Coconut oil. Also in the blood.
- the Others. Otherness in all forms. Being mixed race. Living between cultures. Challenging misconceptions. Changing perspectives. Changing the menu.
- Tumblr. One of my other homes. Find a condensed jam of most things in this list.
- Yoga-movement-dance in the bathroom. In fact, yoga-movement-dance anywhere!
- Gordon Ramsay. Don´t ask. ok then, it´s in his delivery.
- Mariah (Mimi) Carey. As above.
- Eartha Kitt. (What a woman).
- Film watching and making. Fave films which are forever changing and include: Purple Rain (obvs), Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Frida, Caché, Ex Machina, Moloch Tropical, Julie and Julia, Bad Education (2004), The Motorcycle Diaries (there´s a theme there), Fish Tank, The Interrupters, Ratatouille, everything by Mike Leigh, 90s r&b music videos….
- Social justice.
- Writing about any/all of the above.